Thursday, October 15, 2015

In the Beginning!

After three years of "maintenance" training because of my work schedule, I started yesterday on a plan to get me ready for two key events next year (and the next).  As you will see, they are truly a world away.

On November 1, 2016 I compete in Perth, Australia in the World Masters Athletics Championships (Track & Field).  This is an historic event because these championships are switching from odd years to even years, with 2016 being the first of the evens.

April 21-28, 2017, or less than six months after Perth, I will compete in the World Masters Games (30 sports) in Auckland, New Zealand.  

Both of these events give me an opportunity to have enough time to rise back among the elite of my age group.  That said, I vaulted in only one indoor meet and two outdoor meets, yet managed to finish in the top five in the world in both seasons.

In my opinion I'm in striking distance of being a medalist but I'm not a credible threat to be a winner.  I have one year to change that.

I've relocated back to The Woodlands, Texas and have the exact same training facilities as I used to prepare for the 2009 World Masters Games in Sydney, Australia, which I won with a championship record. 

I'm excited to be in a position to finally train consistently.  Welcome aboard the ride!  Bubba

New Winery Dogs - "Oblivion" - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SoTgZjokLU

No comments:

Post a Comment