Saturday, October 31, 2015

Cautious or Overcautious?!

I was felling a little lower back and left shoulder soreness so I skipped the last three day lift rotation.  I did do my stairs on Thursday.  I figured this break would help me left hamstring, which I have been nursing slowly along.  It made  big difference.

Today at practice, being fresh, my poles were moving pretty easy.  I could use my first pole from 2 lefts/4 steps, and my 2nd easily from 3/6.  I didn't make a bar because I was too cautious on my run to protect my leg.  

It's obviously getting better but I didn't want to push it.  Because of this I wasn't running that fast even though I felt good.  So I got stupid height over 10'4"/3.15m and brushed it on the way down a few times.  I quit while I was ahead and did my sleds and felt fortunate to be making progress.  

My vault timing is a little out of sync but it's closer.  I can tell that what Im doing is working as planned. I just have to remain cautious and patient.  Have a great Halloween!  Bubba

Oingo Boingo - "Dead Man's Party" - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYvafg7BdwM

No comments:

Post a Comment