Saturday, December 5, 2015

I wanted to jump at a bar on my first meet pole today, but it was near freezing when we arrived at the building and turned on the heat.  So Don and I settled in to what I was planning on starting on Wednesday. Our thought has been that since I'm 10 lbs. lighter, that my poles are too stiff and my grip is to low.  To test that I started on a tiny 12'4/140 today, then went to a 12'4/45, BOTH too small from 2 lefts/4 steps.  Here's my report to Don. Have a great day!  Bubba

Heyyyyyyy Don.  Thanks for the support today. Here's what happened after you left.  The experiment about using small poles and getting my timing with the most comfortable grip really paid dividends.  Your 12'4/145 was too small of me from 2 lefts/4 steps/23' but I managed 10' gripping about 11'8" - nice.  I tried the 1335 and it was mush so I went to 3/6/33' and went to the 1345 and it was mush also. 

I figured I would switch over to my 12'4/155 and guess what, the grip was off that pole by 2-3". This is exactly what we thought; that I had no arc and was jumping over the grip.  I MAY be able to use the 1345 from 2/4, but what do you go to after the 12'4/145?  The 1350?  In any case I need to pick up your series at that point.  Thanks man!

Rush - "Something for Nothing" - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhIB-edOhvY

No comments:

Post a Comment