Thursday, December 24, 2015

I Feel It & See It!!

After three months of grinding away I'm finally starting to see some evidence that I can compete again at a high level.  Yesterday I started at 10'6/3.20m and then went to 11'/3.35m and made both very little effort jogging in from 4 lefts/8 steps/43' total run, on tiny poles - 1355/1440.  These aren't big jumps but I'm basically putting in minimal strain.  I can build off of this.

In the gym today it became apparent that my lifts are also going up and I'm getting stronger on bars.  I continue to spend double time on stretching and I'm beginning to feel a little optimistic.  

Saturday will be my last jump day before the meet in Belton on 1/2/16.  I know I shouldn't say this but I rarely worry about my body holding together anymore. I think a combination of conditioning and the extra stretching have taken a lot of stress off of my efforts.  

I'll continue to slowly wander down this path and hope for continued momentum.  Glad to FINALLY feel like I'm getting somewhere.  Merry Christmas and thanks for checking in on me.  Bubba

Metallica, Megadeth, Anthraz and Slayer, together at the Big 4 in Sofia, Bulgaria - "Am I Evil" - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upKtoIxXoig

No comments:

Post a Comment