Saturday, December 26, 2015

Getting There!!

Today was my last practice day in College Station.  I'm sure I will jump there on my trips to Houston, but my main training place will again be Dana Hills High School in Dana Point, California.

I jump in Belton next week so today was quickly going through poles and trying not to get injured.  My legs were pretty beat up from lifting Thursday but that's expected.

I started on the 1355 from 4 lefts/8 steps/43'.  Today for the first time I felt like I could have jumped on that pole from 3/6/33' so that's an improvement.  

Jumped 10'6"/3.20m on the 1355, 11'/3.35m on the 1440 and barely rolled off 11'6"/3.50m from 5/10/53' on the 1445.  That pole was too small on that jump as I brushed it with my chest going up.

I felt like I was a bit at risk of twingy hamstrings over the last two jumps, but didn't actually feel anything like a ding while I was jumping.  When I did my last five sleds I thought I felt it a little but it turned out to be nothing ... I think.  Mainly I just need to get my lifts, bars and sleds in tomorrow through Wednesday and then break for the meet.

Hope you all had a nice Christmas and thanks for checking in o me.  I'm optimistic that at some point I will be able to jump again at a decent level.  Bubba

Winery Dogs - "Oblivion" - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SoTgZjokLU

No comments:

Post a Comment