Sunday, December 13, 2015

Sunburn!!

My late great friend and orthopedic surgeon, Glenn Almquist, used to remind me that when you introduce a new level of intensity, that it shocks the muscles and central nervous system.  Like sunburn, he says, you need to back off a bit and then ramp back up.

One week ago I started lifting considerably heavier on my legs. They were ready for it as I pout a very good base down.  Still, my back and left knee felt a traumatic shock and hurt all week.  I mean I felt injured.  I went ahead and did my regular speed weights on Thursday and the next rotation Friday, then vaulted and did sleds yesterday.

Sure enough, this morning I was able to do the same heavy leg lift workout with absolutely zero side effects.  Thanks Dr. Almquist.  You may be gone but I hear your words daily!  Bubba

Alter Bridge - Addcited to Pain - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7M9QxzpTjec

No comments:

Post a Comment