Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Seems Like Progress!?

I took a bit of a leg phase break to see if I could get close to my meet poles today.  I know that Saturday's meet is not the time, and I need to get back to real hard leg and cardio training tomorrow.

Today I started on my 1365/16.6 which is supposed to be the equivalent to my largest 12'4 pole, which I jumped on last time.  The bar was up as a reference point at about 10'6/3.20m so I could have a consistent point of view rather than try to jump high.  

I wanted to control the take off and clean up the jump a little.  I had a few really good jumps on this pole from 4 lefts/8 steps/43', so that matches up with what I did on the last session on the shorter equivalent pole.  NOTE - I was GUESSING it would be the equivalent, but didn't really know, so I as careful in this experiment.

I moved back to 5/10/53' and took two jumps on the 1370/15.8.  IT is supposed to be the equivalent of my meet start pole, a 13'7/165.  I quit while I was ahead.

So yes it seems like progress, but the video showed me coming out way early with no effort to go up the pole, even though I felt like I was.  That was pretty alarming to me but pictures don't lie.  I'll work on it.  I think I'm just trying to make sure I'm in and missing the bottom a little. In any case, I'm pleased and not hurt, two months our from Reno and one pole away from my meet start pole.  Have a great day!  Bubba

Grand Funk Railroad - "Footstomping Music" - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZj1uElADZw

No comments:

Post a Comment