Thursday, November 12, 2015

Back at It!!

Pole vaulting, and training to vault is one of the funniest sports to understand.  I train really hard so I can be fit enough to jump higher, then when I do, I tend to want to back off my training so I feel good enough to vault better the next time.  

Because of the reversibility of aging, you can lose 40% of your fitness in 6 weeks.  I just cant back off, or my fitness will slide, yet I feel like I can't improve unless I feel good when I jump.  That said, I was just forced to take a week off, and easily had my best vaulting day when I came back. 

My assumption is that I should continue my plan to train without regard to how I might feel when I jump, and then let business or travel situations and circumstances give me the natural breaks so I feel good when I come back. We will try that and see. Have a great day and thanks for checking in.  Bubba

Hole - "Celebrity Skin" - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3dWBLoU--E

No comments:

Post a Comment