Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Catch Up - Belton to Home in California!!

Jumping in Belton was pretty uneventful. I jumped on the same poles and the same heights as practice and felt pretty good. I made 11' on my first jump, won my division and stopped so I wouldn't be hurt for Reno.  The elite girls were after me and I didn't want them to have to wait to warm up.

Lesson learned?  I've been training on a downhill runway so it was a struggle to do what I did every day even though I was fresh.  It took a lot of work to get things to match up and I hated that.  Won't make that mistake again.

I got to Dana Point yesterday (Tuesday), got unpacked, moved in, and was running bleacher ramps at Dana Hills High School by 6:45 AM this morning.  The distance (60m) is over twice what I've been running in Texas with sleds so I only did five instead of 10.  I'll ramp that up slowly after Reno.

New place is great; right across the street from the beach.  The gym is good at 7 so I'm ready to rock.  Very pumped.  Have a great day and thanks for checking in! Bubba

In honor of Motorhead frontman and bassist, Lemmy Kilmister who just passed - "Ace of Spades" - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDvo6DbxeOg

No comments:

Post a Comment