Sunday, January 17, 2016

Reno!!

I got to the meet and felt great.  Near the end of my warm-up I had a weird takeoff and felt a little tweak in my right forearm.  I've never had a forearm issue, so I didn't think much of it.  I took another final takeoff and didn't turn up and it was OK.

After I sat for a bout 40 minutes I got two run throughs.  On the first I just took off and rode through.  No big deal.  On number two I turned up and felt my forearm again when I pulled and again when I went to push off.  

Rather than risk a major in jury I stopped. The end. It sucked but it was the right thing to do.  All training and jumping has gone great so I didn't want to feel like a fool for the next eight weeks recovering from an injury I never should have had.

All in all I'm on the right poles and runs and things feel great.  The arm is better today so I'll be careful for a few weeks.  Thanks for hanging in here with me. Bubba

John Mayer - "Slow Dancing in a Burning Room" - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32GZ3suxRn4

No comments:

Post a Comment